- Associated Press - Thursday, October 9, 2014

SALINA, N.Y. (AP) - A New York heating contractor is charged with manslaughter after his 6-year-old daughter died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a portable generator running in their home’s basement.

The Syracuse Post-Standard reports (https://bit.ly/1oUz6Up ) that Glenn Collins of Salina (suh-LY’-nuh), near Syracuse, was arrested Thursday. The charge follows a grand jury review of the Aug. 29 death of Gabriella Collins.

Onondaga (ahn-uhn-DAH’-gah) County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick says Collins returned that morning from a night at Turning Stone Casino to find Gabriella and her 14-year-old brother unconscious. The teen survived.

Fitzpatrick says Collins was aware that the generator had sickened his children before and went to the casino even after his son said he felt sick.

Collins is in jail without bail. It is unclear if he has a lawyer.

___

Information from: The Post-Standard, https://www.syracuse.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide