- Associated Press - Thursday, September 11, 2014

PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) - A man is fighting for his life after a fire broke out a Palm Harbor motel where he was staying.

Pinellas County Sheriff’s officials say 64-year-old Walter William Manning was sleeping when the fire broke out Thursday. Investigators say the fire started near the door to the motel room where discarded cigarettes were found.

Manning was transported to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries due to smoke inhalation. Authorities say he lives at the motel.

No one else was injured in the fire and no other rooms were damaged.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide