- Associated Press - Friday, September 12, 2014

ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Authorities in Asheville say a woman is dead and a second person hospitalized after an outdoor propane cooker used inside a mobile home produced high levels of carbon monoxide.

Sgt. Dave Romick of the Asheville Police Department says police and fire personnel responded to a call Friday after getting reports of two people unconscious inside the mobile home on the city’s north side. The individuals were found by another family member who was returning home after working third shift.

Romick said first responders found 75-year-old Leng Eang dead in her bedroom. He said another adult was found alive inside the mobile home. That person was rushed to Mission Hospital in critical condition.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide