- Associated Press - Friday, September 12, 2014

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Prosecutors say a Colorado man accused of kidnapping a 14-year-old Connecticut girl he met online had been planning to abduct her for more than a year.

Boulder County Deputy District Attorney Tim Johnson told a judge Thursday that 53-year-old Timothy Wind drove from Longmont, Colorado to Hartford to get her in August. He then allegedly took her to New York, New Jersey and Kansas on a trip that the girl said he called a “honeymoon.” The Daily Camera (https://bit.ly/1xQeNkh ) reported it included a visit to the place where the girl’s parents met.

Police found the girl at Wind’s apartment Wednesday and he was later arrested.

According to the arrest affidavit, a friend said the girl had been claiming to have a boyfriend named Tim for about a year.

___

Information from: Daily Camera, https://www.dailycamera.com/

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide