- Associated Press - Friday, September 12, 2014

STANARDSVILLE, Va. (AP) - Roughly 70 divers from agencies across Virginia came together at a Greene County lake in the continued search for an Orange County teenager that went missing in 2010.

The Daily Progress reports (https://bit.ly/1uLlw9F) that the lake near Stanardsville has been part of the investigation since 19-year-old Samantha Ann Clarke went missing.

Officials say authorities had scoured about 90 percent of the lake in previous searches but went out to clear the remaining 10 percent after a request from prosecutors.

As of Thursday evening, nothing turned up in the new search.

The timing of the search was based on weather conditions for visibility and not arranged to coincide with the September anniversary of Clarke’s disappearance.

A vigil to mark the anniversary of Clarke’s disappearance is scheduled for Saturday evening in Orange.


Information from: The Daily Progress, https://www.dailyprogress.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide