- Associated Press - Friday, September 12, 2014

BUCKHORN, Mo. (AP) - The Missouri Highway Patrol says the deaths of a couple attending a Memorial Day motorcycle rally were caused by carbon monoxide in their camper-trailer.

Pulaski County deputies found the bodies of 66-year-old Frank Wevers III and his 58-year-old wife, Mary Wevers, on May 27. The Kimberling City couple had driven to Buckhorn to take part in the Mid-American Freedom Rally, which drew thousands of motorcycle riders.

The patrol said Friday that autopsies showed they died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Officers had noted that a portable generator being used to power the trailer was placed close to the vehicle. The investigators said exhaust from the generator probably filtered back into the trailer.

The investigation concluded there was no suspicion of foul play.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide