- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 17, 2014

KEENE, N.H. (AP) - A New Hampshire man has been charged with grabbing a 2-year-old boy by the head and throwing him to the floor, several months after serving a sentence for injuring the child in 2012.

Police said 28-year-old Duke Pete of Keene was on probation, having served a six-month sentence after pleading guilty to simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child. He had been indicted on a charge of first-degree assault, alleging that he fractured the boy’s left leg in 2012.

Police went to a hospital emergency room on Monday to investigate an assault on the same child. They said he struck his head and face on a table and the floor.

Pete faces arraignment on a second-degree assault charge Thursday. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide