- Associated Press - Saturday, September 20, 2014

NEW YORK (AP) - A New York City woman injured during a gas explosion in East Harlem earlier this year that leveled two buildings and killed eight people has filed a $25 million lawsuit.

Kadeisha Joseph tells the New York Post (https://bit.ly/1tEBHaj) Saturday she was getting ready to shower when the March blast threw her 20 feet, smacking her into a bathroom wall.

The 20-year-old says she now has constant neck and back pain and had to give up her job working with disabled children.

A spokesman for the city’s Law Department declined to discuss ongoing litigation with The Post.

Investigators have said they discovered a leak in the cast iron gas main, which was installed in 1887.



The National Transportation Board hasn’t yet issued a final determination of what caused the blast.

___

Information from: New York Post, https://www.nypost.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide