- Associated Press - Sunday, September 21, 2014

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - The Boulder District Attorney’s Office says it will investigate the sudden cancellation of the Boulder Marathon.

District Attorney Stan Garnett tells the Daily Camera (https://bit.ly/1sSw8km ) on Sunday that complaints from an angry runner about lack of refunds pushed him to look into the matter. Garnett says he will assign someone to probe the cancellation of the Oct. 5 race this week.

Race Director Jeff Mason canceled the race on Friday, citing last year’s devastating floods and recent deaths in the running community. But Boulder Sheriff’s officials say Mason did not meet deadlines to get necessary permits for the marathon.

Boulder Reservoir manager Stacy Cole says both state and county officials denied the marathon permits.

Mason declined to comment. As many as 2,000 people were expected to run.

___

Information from: Daily Camera, https://www.dailycamera.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide