- Associated Press - Tuesday, September 23, 2014

DANVILLE, N.H. (AP) - A New Hampshire family says their lives may have been spared by their decision to go out for dinner 10 minutes before an explosion rocked their house.

A fire department chief believes a propane gas leak caused an explosion at the 300-year-old home in Danville.

The explosion happened at about 7:15 p.m. Monday.

WMUR-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1x63jI3) the Fosters, who had just restored the home, had left for dinner shortly before the explosion.

No one was hurt and there was no fire.

Danville Fire Department Chief Steve Woitkun said the second floor is collapsing.

The state fire marshal’s office has been called to investigate.


Information from: WMUR-TV, https://wmur.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide