- Associated Press - Tuesday, September 23, 2014

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Two closely-linked outside groups poised to target Republican candidates for the North Carolina legislature have disclosed how much money they now have to work with in the fall campaign’s final weeks.

North Carolina Families First says it’s received $1.4 million and N.C. Citizens for Protecting Our Schools collected $237,000 to produce electioneering communications, like TV and radio ads and mailers. The amounts are identified in new filings with the State Board of Elections. The groups have spent $92,000 so far, with most going to a television ad calling out three state House members in the mountains.

N.C. Families First actually reports receiving nearly $1 million for its activities from N.C. Citizens for Protecting Our Schools. N.C. Citizens says contributions for activities to-date came in part from the National Education Association.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide