- Associated Press - Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ATLANTA (AP) - The Atlanta Symphony is postponing the opening of its season and all concerts through Nov. 8 due to an ongoing labor dispute with its musicians.

Atlanta Symphony Orchestra President and CEO Stanley Romanstein made the announcement Monday, saying that patrons are encouraged to keep their tickets in case a new agreement can be reached.

Romanstein said in a statement the season would be resumed as soon as possible if a deal is reached between the symphony’s management and its musicians before Nov. 8.

The opening concert had been scheduled for Sept. 25.

Symphony officials said all single ticket holders wishing to exchange tickets for future concerts or receive refunds should contact the Woodruff Arts Center box office. Atlanta Symphony Orchestra subscribers may call the season tickets officer for refunds or exchanges.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide