- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 24, 2014

DANVILLE, N.H. (AP) - Fire investigators say a propane leak was the cause of an explosion at a home in Danville, New Hampshire.

No one was at home at the time.

The New Hampshire state fire marshal says propane leaked from the home’s tank. WMUR-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1wLIzSO ) that the vapors collected in the basement and ignited Monday night as an appliance was running.

The family says their lives may have been spared by their decision to go out for dinner 10 minutes before an explosion rocked their nearly 300-year-old house.

___

Information from: WMUR-TV, https://wmur.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide