- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 24, 2014

BIDDEFORD, Maine (AP) - The medical examiner says the victim of a fire at a Biddeford apartment that was deliberately set died of smoke inhalation.

Michael Moore, and his roommate, James Ford, were removed unconscious from their Main Street apartment early last Thursday.

The 23-year-old Moore died at a hospital the next day.

The Portland Press Herald (https://bit.ly/1umejzX ) reports that an autopsy on Moore’s body determined he died of “inhalation of products of combustion,” including particulates and superheated gases.

The 21-year-old Ford remains in the hospital in critical condition.

Law enforcement officials say they consider the death a homicide. There have been no arrests.

All the other residents of the 14-unit building made it out safely. The attic apartment in which Moore and Ford lived had no working smoke detectors and no fire escape.


Information from: Portland Press Herald, https://www.pressherald.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide