- Associated Press - Thursday, September 25, 2014

TUPELO, Miss. (AP) - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is providing $1.95 million for City of Tupelo’s ongoing cleanup from an April 28 tornado.

The announcement came Thursday in a news release from U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker and U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee, all R-Miss.

The funding, through the FEMA Disaster Recovery Fund, is being made in accordance with the FEMA Public Assistance guidelines for eligible debris removal.

The $1.95 million grant represents an 80 percent federal share of the total $2.43 million associated with the application for assistance. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency will cover the remaining 20 percent of the cost.

FEMA earlier awarded a $1.39 million grant to Tupelo in early August for eligible debris removal.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide