- Associated Press - Thursday, September 25, 2014

CASPER, Wyo. (AP) - Investigators say an explosion at a western Wyoming natural gas storage tank that killed a man and injured three others appears to have been caused by static electricity.

Hayley McKee, a spokeswoman for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, told The Casper Star-Tribune (https://bit.ly/1puTH0B) on Thursday a preliminary investigation also found that some of the victims were not wearing fire-retardant clothing as they were cleaning the tank near LaBarge on Tuesday.

Officials say 35-year-old Jared Loftiss died at a hospital in Utah, and two other victims remain in the burn unit. The fourth victim was treated at a clinic and released.

Houston-based EOG Resources owns the site in the desert about 30 miles northwest of Green River.

___



Information from: Casper (Wyo.) Star-Tribune, https://www.trib.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide