- Associated Press - Friday, September 5, 2014

NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah (AP) - Officials with the city of North Salt Lake says crews next week will start removing what’s left of a home crushed in a landslide last month.

City officials told residents at a meeting Thursday evening that crews will start work later this year on the residential mountain slope to lessen the threat of additional slides.

Mayor Len Arave says that work is expected to start in October and continue into the winter.

He says scientists must first drill into the site of the Aug. 5 landslide to measure groundwater levels.

KSL-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1o6Adji) that more than $338,000 had been raised by Thursday to replace the crushed home.



The development firm that built the home is donating $130,000 and is pleading for donations of an additional $500,000.

___

Information from: KSL-TV, https://www.ksl.com/

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide