- Associated Press - Sunday, April 12, 2015

BROADWAY, Va. (AP) - Rockingham County fire officials say a refrigerator motor caused a fire that destroyed the Broadway Auction House.

The Rockingham County Fire and Rescue Department tells media outlets there was a mechanical failure in the motor.

The March 29 fire also destroyed an apartment and damaged several businesses and a church that were attached to the building. Damage totaled $700,000.

No injuries were reported.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide