HOUSTON (AP) - Family members of a 27-year-old man electrocuted in a Houston hotel swimming pool two years ago have settled their lawsuit against the operators of the hotel.
Family attorney Stephen Loftin says they were pleased with the financial settlement approved Monday in Harris County District Court. The settlement’s financial details are confidential.
Raul Hernandez died on Sept. 6, 2013, several days after diving in to help save his younger brother, who was overcome by electrical shock when the pool lights came on at the Hilton Houston Westchase. Also at the pool were the victim’s mother, his girlfriend and her young daughter.
The family members will be paid a settlement by the hotel’s owner and operator in addition to the previous settlement paid by the company that did the electrical work.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.