- Associated Press - Monday, April 6, 2015

MARANA, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities are blaming a fire that forced the evacuation of a Marana restaurant on a discarded cigarette.

Northwest Fire District Capt. Adam Goldberg says Easter diners at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant were safely evacuated around 4 p.m. Sunday.

He says crews arrived within six minutes of calls to find a fire in the rear of the building and put the blaze out within 10 minutes.

Goldberg says fire investigators determined that the fire was a result of the cigarette by the side of an exterior wall.

No one was hurt and the business reopened within 2½ hours.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide