- Associated Press - Monday, April 6, 2015

OGDEN, Utah (AP) - A father says the city of Ogden is demanding that he remove the cardboard castle he built for his children.

The Ogden Standard-Examiner reports (https://bit.ly/1DUwv7V) that Jeremy Trentelman constructed the box fort, complete with a slide, in his front yard with his 3-year-old son.

Trentelman said he came home last week to a notice on his door telling him to remove the “waste materials or junk” within 15 days or pay a $125 fine.

The code enforcement office said Monday in a statement that they were responding to an anonymous complaint and that the letter was not a citation. Trentelman is free to ask for additional time or clarification, they said.

Mayor Mike Caldwell said he’s glad to see that kids still want to use their imagination and play with cardboard boxes.

___

Information from: Standard-Examiner, https://www.standard.net

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide