- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 7, 2015

ALHAMBRA, Calif. (AP) - Police say a 25-year-old woman found unresponsive on the floor of a Los Angeles County home may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

City News Service reports the woman’s mother called authorities after arriving home Monday and finding her daughter passed out on the floor in Alhambra.

Police Sgt. Jerry Johnson says paramedics were unable to revive the woman and she was declared dead at the scene.

Johnson says there was no evidence of a struggle and no signs of forced entry.

Officials say investigators are examining a faulty water heater in the kitchen that may not have been vented properly, causing dangerous fumes to be released into the home.

The coroner’s office will perform toxicology tests on the body.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide