- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 7, 2015

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - An Indianapolis woman is crediting her 2-year-old pit bull with alerting her to a fire at their house on the city’s far east side.

Jennifer Green says she was working in her basement Monday afternoon when her dog, Raja, got her attention by barking. Green says the dog led her upstairs, and she discovered her back porch had caught on fire.

Green was able to escape through the garage, but Raja ran back into the basement and had to be rescued by firefighters.

Fire crews had the blaze under control in about 25 minutes. Damage to the home is estimated at $160,000.

Green told fire officials that she threw out ashes from a pit fire into a plastic garbage can on the porch.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide