- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 7, 2015

BALTIMORE (AP) - Maryland’s state fire marshal is warning residents of the dangers of carbon monoxide after the deaths of a man and his seven children from the gas in their Princess Anne home.

State Fire Marshal Brian S. Geraci said in a news release Tuesday residents should never run a generator inside or near an entrance to their homes.

Rodney Todd and his children were found dead in their home Monday. Police said they were killed by CO fumes from a generator.

Geraci urged residents to install carbon monoxide detectors if their homes have liquid-fueled space heaters, an attached garage, gas appliances, oil heat, electric generators, wood stoves and fireplaces.

He said carbon monoxide poisoning can cause headache, nausea, fatigue and dizziness. High concentrations can cause vomiting, loss of consciousness and death.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide