- Associated Press - Saturday, August 15, 2015

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - Officials say it took about 100 firefighters to contain a fire that broke out at a garbage transfer station in Montgomery County.

Fire officials tell WTOP Radio (https://bit.ly/1NxqmAG ) the fire was sparked Saturday when someone tried to dispose of a boat. Fire department spokesman Pete Piringer says the fire started about 12:30 p.m. in the pit area of the garbage station in Rockville.

Piringer says someone threw away a boat and left fuel in the gas tank. That’s what likely sparked the fire.

One firefighter has been taken to a hospital with a minor injury.

___



Information from: WTOP-FM, https://www.wtop.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide