- Associated Press - Monday, August 17, 2015

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is scheduled to undergo outpatient surgery to address complications from the hernia surgery he underwent last week.

The governor’s office said Monday that Pence was scheduled to have the follow-up surgery Monday evening and then be discharged to recuperate at the governor’s residence.

Pence’s office says the 56-year-old governor suffered minor complications from last Friday’s hernia surgery.

The governor’s executive authority was scheduled to be temporarily transferred to Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann while Pence was under anesthesia. That was the same procedure followed during Friday’s surgery.

Pence’s office has said the governor doesn’t know how he developed the hernia.



Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide