- Associated Press - Monday, August 17, 2015

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Authorities have released the identity of a 44-year-old man who died following a chlorine gas leak at a Spokane recycling company.

Edward K. Dumaw passed away after he was hospitalized in critical condition along with seven other Pacific Steel and Recycling workers exposed during the incident Saturday night, which occurred when they were crushing a large, 1-ton cylinder for scrap metal. In all more than a dozen people became sick from the chlorine, with most reporting respiratory issues.

The Spokesman-Review reports (https://is.gd/rELC3O ) that the investigation into the incident is being handled by the Washington Department of Labor and Industries. Officials are working with the company to figure out where the cylinder came from.

At the end of the investigation, L&I; will issue a report saying whether Pacific Steel broke any labor laws and may assess fines if violations are found.

___



Information from: The Spokesman-Review, https://www.spokesman.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide