- Associated Press - Tuesday, August 18, 2015

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence’s office says he’s resting at the governor’s residence after undergoing outpatient surgery to address complications from a hernia repair last week.

Pence’s press secretary Kara Brooks said in a news release that his Monday evening surgery was successful. The surgery took place at St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital.

According to Pence’s office, the 56-year-old governor had minor complications from a Friday hernia surgery. His office has said he doesn’t know how he developed the hernia.

Pence resumed his executive duties Monday after temporarily transferring them to Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann while he was under anesthesia. The transfer also happened during Friday’s surgery.

Brooks said Pence “looks forward to resuming a full schedule next week.”

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide