- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 19, 2015

GONZALES, La. (AP) - The state fire marshal says a 28-year-old man who caught fire while torching an Ascension Parish house died Monday, and his uncle - also burned while taking part in the arson - remains in critical condition.

Deputy Chief Brant Thompson, of the state Fire Marshal’s Office, tells The Advocate (https://bit.ly/1TUsCUk ) Larry Morrison Jr., of New Orleans, died at the Baton Rouge General Medical Center burn unit. Thompson identified the uncle as 68-year-old Joel Morrison, of Marrero.

Thompson says the two men are accused of setting fire to a home on Tom Miles Road near Louisiana Highway 941 on Friday and were believed caught in a flash fire, caused when fumes and vapors ignite.

Thompson says the fire was set at multiple points in the back of the home.

___

Information from: The Advocate, https://theadvocate.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide