- Associated Press - Thursday, August 27, 2015

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Officials say smoke from an electrical malfunction has caused the emergency room at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center to be evacuated and 30 patients to be relocated at the facility.

The Courant (https://cour.at/1MYE42s ) reports that fire officials say the malfunction caused smoke to go into a vent in the emergency room around 9:30 p.m. Thursday. There was no actual fire.

Hospital spokeswoman Fiona Phelan says the patients have been moved to other parts of the hospital. She says the hospital’s power is affected and backup generators are being used in some areas.

The emergency room is expected to reopen by early Friday.


Information from: Hartford Courant, https://www.courant.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide