- Associated Press - Saturday, August 29, 2015

DES PLAINES, Ill. (AP) - Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning was the cause of death of two men found inside a suburban Chicago town house.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office said Friday that 53-year-old Hong Kyq Kim and 83-year-old John Tae Kim were pronounced dead in the home Thursday evening.

A woman said to be the wife and mother of the victims was taken to a hospital in critical condition. Four Cook County sheriff’s deputies who first arrived at the scene were overcome by fumes and briefly hospitalized.

A spokeswoman says the Cook County Sheriff’s Department is trying to determine the source of the carbon monoxide, but said foul play was not suspected.

Emergency crews went to the home in unincorporated Des Plaines on Thursday afternoon after a call that there were people in distress in the garage.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide