- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 5, 2015

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - A Santa Fe lawyer representing the estate of a 14-year-old girl who died after taking a hallucinogenic drug at a rave concert has filed a lawsuit alleging negligence against 10 defendants, including the state of New Mexico.

The Albuquerque Journal reports (https://bit.ly/1W1oTrW ) the wrongful death complaint filed Monday seeks compensatory and punitive damages.

Hannah Bruch ingested MDMA, also known as “Molly,” before the August 2013 concert at Expo New Mexico and fell ill during the show. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The lawsuit claims that security personnel and EMTs weren’t prepared to handle the girl’s condition and that medical personnel had failed to diagnose and treat Bruch.

An Expo New Mexico spokeswoman released a statement saying security staff had taken the necessary measures to provide on-site medical attention.


Information from: Albuquerque Journal, https://www.abqjournal.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide