- Associated Press - Thursday, August 6, 2015

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A Baton Rouge man who says he killed his 32-year-old fiancee in self-defense last year has been indicted for manslaughter.

Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that 41-year-old William Jackson was indicted by an East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury. Initially he had been charged with second-degree murder in the Sept. 27 stabbing of Lekeisha Duncan at her home.

Jackson’s attorney, Beau Brock, says Jackson was attacked by Duncan and he was defending himself.

East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III says Jackson suffered several stab wounds, none of which was life-threatening.

Before Jackson’s admission, police say Jackson first tried to hide any evidence that might link him to the stabbing by changing out of a bloody shirt, washing the knife and then throwing the knife into a trash can.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide