- Associated Press - Thursday, August 6, 2015

BOSTON (AP) - State officials say a 7-year-old Massachusetts boy who fell into a coma after allegedly being abused and isolated by his father has been moved to a long-term rehabilitative facility.

A spokesman with the state’s Department of Children and Families said Wednesday the Hardwick boy is “medically stable but unresponsive.”

She says the agency remains “deeply concerned” about the well-being of the boy.

The DCF took custody of the boy on July 14 after he was found unconscious. Authorities said the child had been beaten, starved and dehydrated.

The boy’s father, 26-year-old Randall Lints, remains jailed on assault and endangerment charges until a dangerousness hearing scheduled for Aug. 19.

Gov. Charlie Baker says the state’s investigation is ongoing and a report is expected to be released in September.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide