- Associated Press - Tuesday, December 1, 2015

SAN DIEGO (AP) - San Diego authorities say a 12-year-old boy has died and two other children have been seriously injured in house fire that may have been caused by a space heater.

The San Diego Union-Tribune (https://bit.ly/1MZprHX ) says the fire ripped through a Mount Hope home at around 12:30 a.m. Monday.

The dead child and his brother and sister, believed to be around 6 and 8 years old, were found in a back bedroom.

Fire spokesman Lee Swanson says the children had been at home with a babysitter and her boyfriend, who also was seriously burned. Two firefighters also were injured fighting the blaze, which caused an estimated $400,000 in damage.

Swanson says it was cold overnight and fire investigators suspect a space heater may have ignited a blanket or other material.



___

Information from: KFMB-TV, https://www.kfmb.com/

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide