- Associated Press - Tuesday, December 1, 2015

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say they’re investigating after the third recent bomb threat at a central Florida Walmart.

The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office reports that its bomb squad responded to the Daytona Beach store just after noon Tuesday. The Daytona Beach News-Journal (https://goo.gl/fcevyn ) reports that previous threats had been called in Halloween night and this past Saturday.

Daytona Beach police spokesman Jimmie Flynt says the store’s employees and 300 customers were evacuated for about three hours Tuesday. Bomb techs cleared the scene, and no explosive device was found.

Flynt said store officials believe the person who threatened the store Saturday is the same person who called Tuesday.

No arrests have been made.



___

Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, https://www.news-journalonline.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide