- Associated Press - Sunday, December 13, 2015

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - A Wichita double amputee says she didn’t have time to panic before managing to crawl to safety after waking up to flames next to her bed.

KAKE-TV (https://bit.ly/1jX2H38 ) reports Theresa Williams threw herself off her bed Sunday morning and struggled to get out of her home as it began to burn.

She was able to crawl from her bedroom to her front door, but that was the easy part compared to reaching two locks to get the door open.

A next-door neighbor called 911 after hearing Williams yelling and falling to the floor.

By the time Williams got out of her home neighbors were coming to her aid.



She lost all of her possessions and hom in the blaze.

___

Information from: KAKE-TV.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide