- Associated Press - Monday, December 14, 2015

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - A Maryland home was evacuated after authorities discovered a high concentration of carbon monoxide while helping an unconscious child.

Montgomery County Fire and EMS spokesman Pete Piringer says units responded to a call about an unconscious child in the Randolph Hill area Saturday afternoon.

When they arrived, a carbon monoxide detector attached to their equipment sounded an alert.

Piringer says the house was evacuated and the gas was shut off. A utility crew found a small gas leak with the dryer.

Three people, including two children, were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Piringer says the unconscious child showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.



The investigation is ongoing.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide