- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - Investigators blame a damaged extension cord for a Wausau house fire that killed a 66-year-old woman over the weekend.

Police and fire officials responded just after 8 a.m. Saturday and found Judith Wester dead in the bedroom.

Wausau Fire Marshal David DeSantis tells Daily Herald Media (https://wdhne.ws/1NqcQjo ) that exposed wires on the extension cord ignited the fire. DeSantis says the exposed area of the cord was on the bedroom’s carpet and covered by bedding. That trapped the head and caused the cord to overheat.

Damage was limited to the second floor of the home. An autopsy found Wester died from the fire. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.

___

Information from: Wausau Daily Herald Media, https://www.wausaudailyherald.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide