- Associated Press - Thursday, December 17, 2015

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Fire officials say a man in his 50s was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after he was shocked by a power line while working outside a Providence home.

WPRI-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1UCS8PV ) the man was operating a lift outside the Pearl Street home Wednesday when he struck a power line carrying 7,200 volts.

The man was transported to a hospital, where he was treated for severe burns.

The multi-family home suffered extensive damage in the incident.

A current ran through the lift’s bucket when it contacted the primary electrical source, traveling down its aluminum grip edges to the home’s gutters. The third floor caught on fire, displacing the home’s six adults and two children.

Battalion Chief William Kenyon says he believes workers were replacing the molding along the home’s roof line.


Information from: WPRI-TV, https://www.wpri.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More

Click to Hide