- Associated Press - Friday, December 18, 2015

MILTON, Mass. (AP) - Fire officials in Milton say an 8-year-old girl was home alone when a fire broke out in the kitchen of her family’s apartment.

The child was able to get out safely and go to a neighbor for help.

Fire Chief John Grant says the girl’s mother had gone out Thursday to pick up her twin 2-year-old daughters who were at a nearby residence when the fire started.

The mother was later interviewed by the state Department of Children and Families but Grant says he did not know if any action was taken.

State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan says the accidental grease fire started in an oven in the first-floor apartment and spread to the second floor and roof of the building. No residents were hurt.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide