- Associated Press - Friday, December 18, 2015

LAKEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - The state of Colorado has closed a preschool after a toddler was hospitalized because of burns from a crockpot.

KMGH-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1QxLSKm ) that an 18-month-old child at A Child’s View Preschool was injured Monday after the child pulled on a crockpot cord, sending it crashing down and burning the child on the legs.

The state revoked the preschool’s license because of the injury, effectively forcing it to shut down.

According to state records, A Child’s View Preschool had been on probation since October.

The preschool’s director and owner gave a letter to parents on Wednesday telling them their license was suspended until further notice.

___

Information from: KMGH-TV, https://www.thedenverchannel.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide