- Associated Press - Friday, December 18, 2015

PRATT, Kan. (AP) - A Pratt County man has died after a space heater caught fire in his camper.

The Wichita Eagle reports (https://bit.ly/1Obfqaf ) that the 68-year-old man was the sole occupant of the approximately 8-by-12 or -14 feet camper, located about five miles south of Pratt and about 10 and a half miles to the west.

Sheriff Vernon Chinn says he received the call about the fatal fire around 9:15 p.m. Thursday. The Cullison Fire Department, Pratt County Emergency Services and the Pratt County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the camper, which was fully engulfed in flame when they arrived.

The man’s body was found in the residence after the fire was extinguished. His identity hasn’t been released pending notification of family members.

___

Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, https://www.kansas.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide