- Associated Press - Saturday, December 19, 2015

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - The Maine Fire Marshal’s office says a Portland man was critically burned when his clothing caught fire inside his apartment.

Officials say 80-year-old Myron McLaughlin apparently was smoking in his living room chair when a smoke detector went off at about 7:30 p.m. Friday at his Franklin Towers apartment. They say his fleece pajamas caught fire.

Authorities say McLaughlin is being treated at Maine Medical Center for burns to 60 percent of his body.

They say the apartment was not damaged.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide