- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 2, 2015

FLINT, Mich. (AP) - A lawsuit seeks $1 million after an ambulance crew that responded first to a July car crash in Flint failed to notice a man in the car who later was discovered to be dead.

The Flint Journal reports (https://bit.ly/1HGuUGW ) the lawsuit was filed in Genesee County Circuit Court on behalf of the estate of 28-year-old Cortez Lionel Cheathams. The lawsuit says employees of Mobile Medical Response showed gross negligence by failing to see him.

MMR spokeswoman Lynn Schutter declined to comment on the lawsuit, which was filed last month.

Emergency calls began shortly after 4 a.m., when residents dialed 911. Police said they were tied up on other calls, so dispatch sent an ambulance.

A second ambulance crew more than an hour later found Cheathams dead in the driver’s seat.



___

Information from: The Flint Journal, https://www.mlive.com/flint

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide