- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 2, 2015

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Officials say a man suffered burns to 75 percent of his body after his pants caught fire while he was trying to light a cigarette.

Henrico County fire Capt. Danny Rosenbaum told media outlets that the man was sitting in a drugstore parking lot Tuesday when a spark ignited the fire. Rosenbaum says the man got out of his vehicle and tried to put out the fire, but wind fanned the flame and his clothes became engulfed.

By the time firefighters arrived, a bystander had used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the fire.

Rosenbaum said no details were immediately available about the man’s condition. His name was not immediately released.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide