- Associated Press - Sunday, December 20, 2015

SUPERIOR, Wis. (AP) - Authorities in Superior blame a malfunctioning furnace for sickening two people in an apartment with carbon monoxide.

WDIO-TV (https://bit.ly/1QSND3n ) reports a carbon monoxide alarm came in after 3 a.m. Sunday. Firefighters found low levels of the odorless gas in the hallway, but the levels jumped in an apartment on the first floor.

Battalion Chief Erik Sutton says two adults in the apartment were taken to the hospital and found to be suffering from toxic levels of carbon monoxide. Their condition was stable as of Sunday morning.

Sutton said the apartment had a CO detector, but the battery had been removed. A CO alarm in a neighboring apartment alerted residents to the problem.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide