- Associated Press - Sunday, December 20, 2015

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say a 62-year-old man from Hopkins has died in an accidental fire.

The Richland County Fire Marshal’s office said in a news release that combustible material too close to a heating device sparked the fire on Friday night, according to the The State newspaper (https://goo.gl/LFJPMU ).

Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said in a news release that the man who died was George Lincoln Johnson.

Watts said he died at the scene of asphyxiation from smoke inhalation because of the fire.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide