- Associated Press - Sunday, December 20, 2015

KEENE, N.H. (AP) - New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is calling for a full investigation into a gas mixing problem at a Keene utility plant that prompted carbon monoxide warnings and had firefighters responding to more than 100 calls about gas odors.

Liberty Utilities officials the problem began at about 9 a.m. Saturday and affected the mix of propane and air flowing into the distribution system - producing elevated levels of carbon monoxide in some instances.

At least five people were treated for carbon monoxide symptoms.

In a statement issued Sunday, Hassan said she is asking the state Public Utilities Commission to investigate. She also urged all residents to buy carbon monoxide detectors.

In a statement posted Saturday at 9 p.m., Liberty officials say the problem was “well on its way to being resolved.”


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide