- Associated Press - Monday, December 21, 2015

DETROIT, Maine (AP) - Fire officials say a central Maine man and his pet dog were able to escape a fire that quickly engulfed their mobile home in Somerset County.

The Morning Sentinel reports (https://bit.ly/1Oiafvq ) the blaze started around 6 a.m. Sunday at Rick Kennedy’s home on Troy Road in Detroit.

Kennedy says he’s “lucky to be here” after waking to find his home filled with smoke. Firefighters from Detroit, Newport and Plymouth helped extinguish the fire.

Kennedy had recently finished refurbishing the home with his brother about six months ago. He says he lost everything in the blaze.

Fire Chief Don Chute says it appears that the fire originated in the mobile home’s wood stove. He says erratic weather patterns can contribute to the buildup of highly flammable residue in chimneys.

___

Information from: Morning Sentinel, https://www.onlinesentinel.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide